Where can I take such a test? | The Alpha-1-Antitrypsin Test

Where can I take such a test?

A simple alpha-1-antitrypsin test in the blood can be ordered by the family doctor if there is sufficient suspicion of a deficiency or excess of alpha-1-antitrypsin. The doctor takes the blood sample and then sends it to a laboratory. Lung and liver specialists can also arrange for the test to be performed. A detailed genetic test, on the other hand, must usually be carried out in a human medicine institute.