In a complete diet, food and beverages are carefully and consciously selected to be healthy, carefully prepared and consumed with as little treatment as possible. Calories and nutrients are not necessarily calculated, but nevertheless this nutrition forum can be used for weight reduction.
The more varied and carefully the diet is put together, the easier it is to avoid an inadequate supply of essential nutrients. There are no “healthy”, “unhealthy” or “forbidden” foods. It always depends on the quantity, selection and combination of the individual components.
A vegetarian way of eating with little meat and sausage, a reserved handling of high-fat dairy products such as cheese and cream, as well as cooking fat is favorable. Instead, eat lots of vegetables, salads, potatoes, pasta, cereals, fruit and wholemeal bread (slices should be cut thicker and spread thinner), supplemented by low-fat dairy products and fish. Visible fats are spreadable fats such as butter and margarine and cooking fats for frying, deep-frying, baking, for salad dressings and visible fat in the form of fat edges on meat and ham.
Tips for reduced absorption of visible fats: Hidden fats are mainly found in meat, sausage, mayonnaise and ready-made salad dressings, ready meals, dairy products and cheese, baked goods and sweets, nuts, chips and chocolate. Through targeted purchasing of lower-fat alternatives, fat can usually be saved without any loss of taste. Tips for reduced absorption of hidden fats:
- About two tablespoons of spreadable and cooking fat per day are enough.
- Use spreadable fat sparingly, omit or replace with mustard, tomato paste, low-fat cream cheese.
- Prefer fat-saving cooking methods such as boiling, grilling, steaming, cooking in foil, clay pots or coated pans.
- Panade absorbs a lot of fat during cooking.
It is better to avoid breaded foods and to remove the skin from poultry.
- For salad dressings, a high-quality (cold-pressed) vegetable oil is recommended.
- Replace mayonnaise, cream and creme fraiche with yogurt or sour cream.
- Cut off visible fats on meat and ham.
- Cheeses up to 30% fat in dry matter (approx. 15 g fat absolute) and enjoy at room temperature
- Select sausage to approx. 15 g fat per 100 g.
- Leave out the spreadable fat under higher-fat bread toppings.
- Prefer milk and sour milk products up to 1.5 %.
- Preferably choose low-fat meat, poultry and fish.
- Nuts and oilseeds contain a lot of high-quality fat. Enjoy in small quantities.
- Instead of potato chips and the like, it is better to nibble low-fat salt sticks or even better crunchy vegetable pieces.
- Ready meals and fast food usually contain hidden fats in large quantities. It is better to cook for yourself and thus save fat in a controlled way.