In calorie-conscious nutrition, food and beverages are carefully and consciously selected according to their calorie content, without counting every single calorie. A calorie-conscious diet can contribute to a reduction of overweight without hunger and the associated reduction in quality of life, and the desired weight can be maintained.
Tips and tricks for calorie-conscious eating
- Only cook as much as you need, leftovers tempt you to continue eating.
- Put only as much on the plate as you want to eat.
- Use smaller plates to make the portions look bigger, because the eye eats with you!
- Drink a glass of water before eating. This already fills the stomach a bit.
- A low-fat soup or a small salad before the main course takes away the first hunger and it is easier to eat less of the main course.
- Chew every bite 20 times!
- Put cutlery out of your hand more often and take small breaks.
- Do not watch TV or read the newspaper while eating, do not be distracted.
- Take time to eat, eat slowly and with pleasure.
- Pay attention to the feeling of satiation. The plate does not have to be eaten empty.
Food supplements in the form of vitamin and mineral preparations are not necessary. Healthy people with a balanced and varied diet do not need them. Certain active substances cannot be recognized and utilized by the organism if they are not present in the natural compound of the food.
It is always true that the vitamins from an apple are more valuable for the body (because other important substances are also included) than the vitamins from capsules and tablets. Unbalanced nutrition cannot be balanced out with the help of dietary supplements. In certain life situations, such as pregnancy, the intake of vitamins can be useful. Whether and when this is the case should always be decided by the doctor.